Friday 23 November 2012

[INTERVIEW] 23.11..2012 - KIM SUNGGYU'S SOLO DEBUT, "AN ALBUM I PREPARED A LONG TIME FOR...I'M REALLY HAPPY"





Infinite’s leader, Kim Sunggyu, revealed his thoughts right before his first solo stage.



Kim Sunggyu met with a reporter on the 23rd at the waiting room of KBS 2TV ‘Music Bank’ and showed a happy smile, saying, “I’m really happy for a solo album that I’ve been working hard on for a long time to be released. I’m also very happy to be able to let everyone listen to new music.”


Kim Sunggyu, who was the first to reveal a solo album among Infinite, pushed away his burdens by adding, “I can’t say that I don’t have any burdens. But because of the fact that I’m able to show a new side of me, my anticipation is larger than my burdens.”


The early released song, ‘Shine’, from Kim Sunggyu’s first solo album is a song that was gifted to Kim Sunggyu by his role model, Nell’s Kim Jonghwan. Along with the fact that this solo album has the musical colors of Kim Sunggyu as a musician and not a member of Infinite, it is also a pleasant album for listeners that enjoyed Nell’s music.


To this, Kim Sunggyu revealed his affection towards his seniors, Nell, “I went over to Nell’s recording studio not too long ago and the hyungs said one phrase of, ‘You’re doing well, right?’, but I gained an immense amount of strength from it. I visited them after finishing Infinite’s concert in Japan, but I was really thankful to hear that one phrase of ‘Are you doing well’ even if it may seem like nothing.”


When I joked that netizens are saying, ‘Kim Sunggyu is a fan of Nell that succeeded’, Kim Sunggyu shyly smiled, “I think those words are right.” He admitted to the rumor by saying, “I still like Nell’s music and I’m still a fan of Nell’s music. It’s definitely not something to be embarrassed about.”


Finally, I asked Kim Sunggyu what his mental pillars, Nell, mean to him just like ‘Radio Star’ (T/N: a talk show). What is Nell to Kim Sunggyu? “They are people I admire. They are the people who allowed me to like music ever since I was younger.”


You can feel Kim Sunggyu’s unique emotional voice and explosive vocal abilities through Kim Sunggyu’s debut song, ‘60 Seconds’, which is a song with a modern rock sound.


Meanwhile, after performing his first solo song, ‘60 Seconds’, on November 23rd at KBS 2TV ‘Music Bank’, Kim Sunggyu will be having a short but strong promotion period of 3 weeks.





trans. cr; hyejin @ infinite updates | source cr; chosun ; take out with full credits







No comments:

Post a Comment