Tuesday 19 June 2012

18.06.2012 INTERVIEW (PART 3)



[INTERVIEW] 120618 - “We put on the TV and we talk back to each other” (Part 3) 








Dongwoo “At <1000 Songs Challenge> Woohyun sang and I focused on supporting him”


We heard that today you recorded SBS <1000 Songs Challenge>.


Dongwoo: Woohyun-sshi sang and I focused on supporting him. (Laughs)


Woohyun: I think I sang around 100 songs and Dongwoo-sshi is a friend with good reactions so we recorded well. His cheers were like the cheers of 100 warriors.


Hoya: If you just have a tambourine in one hand, you don’t have anything to be scared of.


Dongwoo: Instead the people in the audience were looking at me weirdly. Because I was working even harder than them. (Laughter)


Hoya: Maybe they felt a sense of crisis when they saw hyung. (T/N: Because he was giving better reactions than the audience)


You’re always smiling but it looks like you’re always sincerely happy.


Dongwoo: Woah, it’s really fun. Even today during <1000 Songs Challenge>, there were talks from time to time, Jang Yoonjung sunbaenim is quite funny. He talked so well that I laughed a lot.


Hoya: Oh, are you dissing the other sunbaenims saying that they aren’t funny! Lee Hwijae sunbaenim was there too!


Dongwoo: No, personal preference, personal preference!


Sunggyu: You have to write it in big letters. ‘Jang Dongwoo, Jang Yoonjung sunbaenim over Lee Hwijae sunbaenim!’ ‘As expected, singer over gagman!’


Dongwoo: What is this, are you making up article titles now? (Laughs) You can’t do that.


It seems that Dongwoo always suffers these kinds of things. (Laughs)


Hoya: Even when I was practicing on my acting, Dongwoo hyung got tricked.


Dongwoo: This friend’s acting improved so much it surprised me. He suddenly told me his lines from his drama but I got tricked and asked him what happened. (Laughs)


Sunggyu: It’s because Dongwoo’s reactions are good, Sungyeol’s are nice too, I also always practiced with Dongwoo when I was doing the musical. He replied to all of my lines. Even for the laughter points, if Dongwoo laughs, they laughed at the same moment as him on stage, he’s a really precious member when we’re preparing. So maybe among us, the member who acts the best is Dongwoo. Because at point the leading increases. He gets immersed in it too! (Laughs)


Hoya: He can just read it though (Laughs)


If so, doesn’t Dongwoo feel like challenging acting too?


Dongwoo: I’m interested in doing things like sketches at radios but I think it would be too hard to do it in front of a camera. Once I did some acting on MBC Everyone (Laughs) Was it ‘What is this?’, I feel like it was pathetic myself…… Even if any director saw it, they wouldn’t want me, so rather than a drama, I want to try a sitcom. If I just get the opportunity!





Hoya: “I also usually record my songs on my recorder and listen to them”


The choreography of ‘The Chaser’ doesn’t have a definite point like the scorpion dance, so you must’ve have studied how to keep on maintaining the tension?


Hoya: For this song, there’s no dance break, we had to show the dance in a flow during the whole song. Especially during the chorus, we had to show sexiness, so we studied a lot how to show the line of our legs sexily. We needed enough sexiness for the girl who left to come back. Hahaha.


Sunggyu: We prepared the album when we were all busy with our solo activities but we didn’t have enough time to practice the choreography so we were really worried right up to our comeback.


Hoya: It was a situation where we had to rent a ballet classroom or a yoga center in Japan to practice. Anyway, after making our comeback and, as we kept going on stage, I feel like the performance was completed little by little.


Not only for the dance but the voices you sing with received more reviews saying they were sexy. It looks like you practiced your singing intensively.


Hoya: I also usually record my songs on a recorder to listen to them, I’m constantly practicing my singing. I keep on practicing rapping with Dongwoo hyung, and as for the singing, Sunggyu hyung gives me lessons. Sunggyu hyung is my singing teacher.


Sunggyu: Aw, I don’t teach him anything. He is a friend who sings better than what you would think.


The two of you show a good chemistry (T/N: Literally ‘Show a good breath’ in Korean)on variety shows too. It’s the kind when Sunggyu does a comment and Hoya returns it to him.


Hoya: Ah, that’s lung piercing (Laughs) I’m the kind to practice a lot in my daily life. I also usually put on the TV while eating with Sunggyu hyung and we talk back to each other.


Sunggyu: Hoya has the style of a striker.


Hoya: The entertainment world’s striker, the gag world’s striker.


Sunggyu: You’re Messi, Messi


Hoya: Uh… Infinite’s shoot-dol


The reaction to the punch line you’ve been pushing the most “I say Ho! You say Ya!” seems to be a bit little?


Hoya: I’ve been pushing it for 2 years but there’s still not many results.


Sunggyu: Far from pushing it, it seems that he’s been pulling it.


Hoya: The fans said they liked it but I don’t really know about other people. I hope it can become a punch line soon on Ranking King.





Woohyun “I receive advices from SHINee’s Key for my airport fashion”


Woohyun is the style to throw in comment until it makes people laugh in variety shows?


Sunggyu: He is also a friend who works really hard. As a member in the same group as him, I’m proud and I think that he’s cool. Hoya works hard too but during a broadcast, Woohyunnie will try to make around 200 funny points.


Woohyun: The other friends are doing well, so I’m just enjoying it.


Sunggyu: He says this now but Woohyun thinks the most before a broadcast and works hard to get ready.


Woohyun: Aah, I’m this kind of sensitive and thoughtful person. (Laughs)


Sunggyu: Unexpectedly, he’s a considerate friend who does a lot of sacrifices for the team. Ah, because I said ‘unexpectedly’ it’s a bit weird?


He looks like he’s also the kind to prepare thoroughly his fashion too. You’ve been wearing glasses often these days, is it an item your close friend SHINee’s Key recommended to you? (Laughs)


Woohyun: I’ve been wearing glasses because I’m from the elite, (Laughs) I never received any advices from Key. He looks like he would recommend good things but he never did. (Angry) These days I got to know a lot of informations on brands too so I feel like he’s been keeping me in check too!


Sunggyu: Ayy, that’s not it. Woohyun takes pictures of his clothes and receives the confirmation from Key.


Woohyun: I do that a bit for the airport fashion. (Docile) I usually have two styles left at my final choice, I could just wear one when going and the other when coming back but it makes me worry like this. Now I know the basics. When I leave, I wear colorful and fancy clothes that give off a ‘Now I’m going abroad’ feeling, when coming back I wear a relaxed style that shows that I’m tired.


Hoya: Aha, when going, a fancy feeling. When coming back, an ‘off from work’ feeling!


Sunggyu: Because he’s so professional, Sungyeol sees Woohyun as an icon. Woohyun gives fashion advice to Sungyeol too.


Woohyun: But I never gave this kind of advice…… (Laughs) You’re just accusing me.


When you get greedy during funny situations like these, there must be a lot of times where your stories don’t match and you expose other members or exaggerate things too.


Woohyun: That’s why our members are so funny. Because we can’t predict it ourselves either. (Laughs) These days L is really funny too, Sunggyu hyung and Hoya are always funny, it would be nice if Dongwoo was a bit funny. He keeps on having fun by himself so I’m curious about what’s so funny too. He’s always laughing alone.


Dongwoo: It’s funny! (Laughs)


Hoya: You have to share the fun, hyung is only imagining it and is already laughing. You have to go a step further.


As your variety skills got better, it feels like it got stronger music wise too. Especially in the song ‘That Year’s Summer’ from the album, you show a different image from your usual image.


Woohyun: That’s right for the main vocals too but it’s a song where the voices match well to show the big progress of the sub-vocals. That’s why it’s a song that the fans really like. For once, it’s not me but L who’s in charge of the high notes so it broke the register, (Laughs) I think it was nice because it showed a new taste in the group’s voice.


Not for the group but personally, which song was the newest experimentation to you?


Woohyun: I’m the kind to put more strength in my voice but in ‘With” I used less strength and I tried to make it appealing so I personally like it a lot. There are several voices in this song but even so, to not make it boring to the people listening to the album, I kept on trying to do various things. I lost a lot of weight so I think that I look a bit more trim now (Laughs) Starting from this album, I’ll try to challenge again my singing skills.


trans. cr; emilie @ infinite updates | source cr; 10asia ; take out with full credits












No comments:

Post a Comment