Tuesday 19 June 2012

18.06.2012 INTERVIEW (PART 2)




[INTERVIEW] 120618 - ‘Sungyeol-Sungjong’s ‘Troublemaker’ is this concert’s flower” (Part 2) 







Sungjong “When we were practicing, I practiced my expressions over and over while looking in the mirror”


Sungjong showed his acting in Tooniverse too. Compared to the quantity, it was the acting with the biggest impact in the team.


Sungyeol: Of course he became the president of elementary schoolers after doing that! He received tons of lemon candies as gifts. (Laughs)


L: His popularity with children is really no joke. Once, we were filming in front of an elementary school and all the kids went, “Oh, it’s Sungjongie there!”. (Laughs) That time we realized Sungjongie’s popularity.


Sungjong: (Sighs) They didn’t even say ‘Sungjongie’. They said “It’s the person who appeared in Makirae Show!” When I heard that I realized that the children watched it more than what I thought. Because I didn’t receive private lessons, it was awkward but since it’s a program that young friends watch, I did my best to be bright.


Woohyun: But Sungjongie is really popular to noonas too. When they just see Sungjongie they go “Woojjujjujju”. (T/N: Sound you make to amuse babies)


But when you sang ‘The Chaser’ this time, you received a lot of reviews saying that your stare got a lot more intense.


Sungjong: Ah, (while bowing) thank you. The hyungs monitored me and gave me a lot of advice, it helped me a lot. When we were practicing, I practiced my expressions over and over while looking in the mirror.


More especially, during the concert, you had a ‘Troublemaker’ performance which became a hot topic. Unexpectedly, Sungjong gave up on the woman’s choreography?


Sungyeol: Ah, suddenly this friend, in the morning, I opened my eyes and was hungry to death and he suddenly asked ‘Hyung, do you want to do Troublemaker?” At first I was confused.


Sungjong: I got the idea first so I went to suggest it to the CEO. But the song wasn’t a problem, the most important thing was that it wasn’t me who was going to have the girl’s role but Sungyeol hyung. (Laughs) How was it?


Sungyeol: Of course I thought that it was this friend who was going to do it so I said “Alright, you’re going to pick Hyunah?” but he said no! Since he directly said he wasn’t going to do it, I refused. But he kept on trying to persuade me, I wanted to do an unprecedented transformation so in the end I agreed. The conditions for me doing it was that he had to kiss me for real. (Laughs) It’s because I wanted to show something even cooler than what we already did. So the both of us did our best to get ready. I even exercised to get ready to rip my clothes.


Sungjong: We wanted to show a reversal.


L: In my opinion, the performance of these two was the flower of the concert. The screams were even louder than for the group performances.


Sungyeol is also the tallest member but is there a special reason why you selected him to be your female partner?


Sungjong: He’s also good looking, and I felt like hyung would do it well. (Laughs) And since he never showed this kind of image, I thought that it would be exceptional. As for me too, until now, I think that I showed more girl group dances than a cool image so I kind of wanted to show a different side of me.


Sungyeol: But because my parents were at the concert that day, I was embarrassed. (Laughs)


Sungjong: That’s why….. I was really sorry to Sungyeolie hyung’s parents.


Sungyeol: Well, they just talked about the concert and didn’t say much about that performance. We’ll keep it to ourselves. (Laughs)





Sungyeol “There were times where I lied but I’m the honest kind”


Sungyeol is the one doing the performance’s opening for ‘The Chaser’. You must’ve been really pressured?


Sungyeol: I was scared because it was the first start. They told me to confidently beat the stage while doing a model walking but matching the rhythm is really hard. So I emphasized on my expression, I think I managed well to put away my usual playfulness in my voice and on my face.


When you first debuted, you gave a really mischievious feeling but these days you got more quiet. You also tried to win seriously on Mnet  Brain Battle, (Laughs)


Sungyeol: Ah, because I got 1st place in the pilot survey at that time, I wanted to keep that ranking so I played the game sincerely. I couldn’t disappoint the fans who picked me so I didn’t thinking about air time and I wanted to appear at the last second when they all fought with each other and tidy up everything but…… it didn’t went as I wanted.


Sunggyu: Because it was the Brain King, I wanted to do my best too. I got greedy, the writer noona told me where there was a good weapon so I just believed what she said and as I moved their I met Woohyun too soon. It’s a pity. I didn’t think of my character and wanted to do well but that image sticking with me, it was to the extent where I thought it was God’s will.


Analyzing other people’s moves while going by himself, Sungyeol’s smart image strengthened too.


Sungyeol: That time, it was just that everything the other did was noticeable. I didn’t especially watch or something like that, I think it just got edited well on broadcast.


Your observation skills are good too but it seems that your personality is the one to tell everything you observed. You said you couldn’t lie at all.


Sungjong: It’s because he has nothing to hide.


Sungyeol: Ah, there were times where I lied too but I’m the honest kind. But because I’m so frank, even in situations where the other side could be hurt, I would just say it all. In the past, I already said something bluntly to Sungjongie about his expression, he was maybe embarrassed about it. Now that I think of it, I’m sorry.


Sungjong: But isn’t it good instead that he talks honestly? In the end, thanks to the advice hyung gave me, I fixed my lacking part so it helped a lot. It’s just…… it’s also out of pride. (Laughs) Just kidding.


Also, truthfully, how did you feel doing the showcase after riding the helicopter? It must’ve been scary.. 


Sungyeol: It wasn’t scary at all. I even prepared medicine in case I got airsickness but I didn’t need it. It wasn’t only me, the other members too, it was something tiring to experience so we enjoyed it and even better. When we were moving, we even fell asleep comfortably.


Sunggyu: More than that, CEO told us to not be pressured about it. ‘Did I ever tell you anything after seeing you on stage? I’m always trusting you guys. You’re doing well so let’s do it as you’re already doing it. ’ He told us that and we got the showcase and rode the helicopter. 


Sungyeol: (Laughs) He prepared the helicopter so we wouldn’t be pressured!





trans. cr; emilie @ infinite updates | source cr; 10asia ; take out with full credits











No comments:

Post a Comment