Tuesday 18 December 2012

[INTERVIEW] 16.12.2012 - INFINITE'S KIM SUNGGYU BY HIMSELF 'AT THE 'MAKE SURE TO WEAR' THE THONG COMMENT..."




image



7-member group Infinite’s leader Kim Sunggyu (22) packed his solo debut album with his charms. On the 19th of last month, Kim Sunggyu released his solo album ‘Another Me’ in two months after his debut and opened the door widely for his solo promotions. Through ‘Another Me,’ which he surprisingly released without even letting his fans know, he was able to show his expression of sexiness and sadness as well as remarkable vocal skills, heating up the cold winter’s air.




If through title song, ‘60 seconds’, he shows the image of a rocker full of sensibility, with ‘Shine’, that was given by the leader of the rock band Nell, he tickles our ears with a pretty and dreamy sound, confirming his innate musicality. We met Kim Sunggyu who introduced his solo album “Through this album, I wanted to show my own musics I wanted to show during all this time. I wanted to show people ‘So Infinite’s leader can do this kind of music as well’”.



-You stood on stage all by yourself. You must’ve felt strange.


“I was really very nervous. I wanted to stand on stage with the rock genre I liked since I was in middle school, my dream finally came true. I was half thrilled, half pressured.”



-Introduce briefly your album.


“The title song ‘60 Seconds’ was made by the composers Sweetune who made songs such as Infinite’s ‘The Chaser’, ‘Be Mine’, I received ‘Shine’ as a gift from Nell’s member, Kim Jongwan senior. I actually got influenced a lot as I grew up listening to Nell’s music. But for this album, I got to work with Nell so I was really in heaven. There are 6 tracks in the album with songs like ‘41 Days’ which I wrote, the general mood of the album is modern rock. I worked on this album thinking ‘Let’s find my won style’. I think I matured and earned a lot of experience as well.”



-The members must be envious.


“But they still all cheered for me so I was thankful. L supported me especially actively. Even before filming the music video of ‘60 Seconds’, he told me first ‘Since leader hyung is releasing a solo album, I’ll appear in the music video!’. I was thankful but sad at the same time. The story is the core of the music video do the male lead, L, appeared more than me singing. I was going to be the lead. Haha.”



-How was it working with Nell’s Kim Jongwan?


“He praised me and gave me a lot of advices. I was really happy because he praised me saying the feeling of my voice and the emotions’ expression was good. As much as I got praised, I also received a lot of stingy advices. Because I have a lot of lacking points, Kim Jongwan senior had a hard time. I’m thankful and sorry.”



-The vocals’ feeling is totally different following the song.


“Following the mood of the song, I sing whether with a rough feeling or with a clear voice. When I sing, I’m usually my voice has a really faint style. I hated the clear voice I had during high school, when I was in the school band as the vocalist. So I practiced a lot to make it sound rough and deep. With some time, my voice got better and now I don’t force my voice to make it deep. Sometimes, depending on the song’s mood, the vocal’s feeling changes.”



-How was the Arena Tour you had this October?


“We held the concert ‘2012 Arena Tour in Japan’, starting from October 27th at Yokohama in Japan, to Nagoya, Kobe, and Fukuoka. 60,000 Japanese fans came to see us on stage. The fans who were going wild when seeing us looked like it was ‘a spectacle they can’t believe’. I also received a meaningful gift. It was 12 T panties decorated with animal faces at the front. I was happy when I received the gift but in the letter, there was the message ‘Make sure to wear it please’. Haha. I’m worried about how I have to wear it.”



-The plans to promote your solo album in Japan?


“Don’t exist yet. If I get the occasion, I want to promote in Japan as well.”



-Something you want to do before the year ends.


“I want to enjoy a fun year-end party. I want to have a Christmas or year-end party with my family, the members and my friends to make unforgettable memories. I’m no different from other people in their 20’s. Haha.”






trans. cr; emilie, nahbit @ infinite updates | source cr; isplus ; take out with full credits








No comments:

Post a Comment